Not an unusual data point at all, based on the polling trend — but a timely reality check for the delusional “people love Obamacare!” propagandists. CNN’s latest national survey includes a number of noteworthy nuggets, including the “Affordable” Care Act fallout verdict referenced in the headline (via Ed Morrissey):
(1) President Obama’s job approval rating is mired at (42/55), languishing roughly where it’s been for months. He is underwater with men (39/58), women (45/52), young people (45/49), and independents (34/62). Seventy-seven percent of Democrats and nearly two-thirds of non-white voters continue to give Obama high marks, but virtually everyone else’s views have soured.
(2) The president is sucking wind on personal characteristics, as well:
– Is a strong and decisive leader: (48 yes / 52 no), which is amazingly generous, in my book.
– Generally agrees with you on issues you care about (43/56)
– Can manage the government effectively (42/57)
– Cares about people like you (51/48), down from his 2008 high water mark of (73/27)
– Shares your values (46/53)
– Is sincere in what he says (49/49). Ahem.